Thursday, October 1, 2009

Young Women's and Girls' Camp

(I have another easy day today so I’m going to try knock out my “summer fun” articles in the next few posts. The hardest part of this blogging deal is putting the pictures up.)

In February last year I was called to serve with the Mia Maids in Young Women’s. This has been great for me. I love my girls. They are such an example to me and they help me want to be a better person. I hope that I can be what my young women leaders were to me when I was in Young Women’s.



My church asked me to be a cabin mom at girls’ camp and I was really excited about going. Camp was the week after my half marathon, which is was great for me because it gave me a great excuse not to run, which I wasn’t supposed to do after the marathon anyway.






The theme this year was “Follow the Yellow Brick Road.” Each camp site was assigned a theme, and ours was the Tin Man. We ran with the love and heart idea. A sister in the other ward made the beautiful Tin Man. Our Young Women made hearts out of cardboard and covered them in aluminum. I used some hearts my mother-in-law put on a gift for us.
















(no, I wasn't tempted. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment