Painting the rooms upstairs was easy. Basically, I wanted something bright and yellow in my office, which I did. Ben wanted something blue. I wanted our bathroom to feel sort of zen-like. I first picked this awful mint-icecream blue color and got a full gallon of it. (I don't know what I was thinking.) I put the paint on the wall and almost threw up. I went back to the paint store and asked if they could change it to the color I should have picked in the first place. What came out was a tea green that I love. It also makes the tacky pink tile that’s in shower look good.
Here's me painting my office. I love the color I have on the wall. So great.
The hard part was painting the upstairs foyer, the living room, kitchen, dining room, stairs, and piano room. Each of them either flows into the other and you can see each of them from any of the rooms. So unlike with the upstairs, where I could choose color as I went along, I had to think of how I was going to paint each of the areas all at once, and I couldn’t get it wrong. The way I painted one room would determine how I painted the other room.
I asked one of my interior decorator friends for her advice and she suggested I pick the living room color first, since that was the color that would have to go up through the stairs and the upstairs foyer. Then I could base my next decisions around that. I ended up painting the living room a nice cream. I painted the piano room a beautiful blue. It had to be blue. I painted the dining room the same color as the living room. The kitchen is green. I think it turned out nice.
Here's where I trying out red and orange on the wall. I ended up covering it up with the cream that you see there.
We don’t have air conditioning and one week the temperature rose to 110 degrees inside my house. I don’t know why I chose that particular week to paint now that I think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment