(Sitting in a restaurant. George isn't eating.)
GEORGE: Why do I get pesto? Why do I think I'll like it? I keep trying to like it, like I have to like it.
JERRY: Who said you have to like it?
GEORGE: Everybody likes pesto. You walk into a restaurant, that's all you hear - pesto, pesto, pesto.
(A few moments later, after discussing Elaine's houseguest who just moved to Yakima.)
JERRY: Everybody's moving to Seattle.
GEORGE: It's the pesto of cities.
"The Busboy," Seinfeld, June 26, 1991, written By Larry David & Jerry Seinfeld, directed By Tom Cherones. Transcript, thanks to http://www.seinology.com/scripts/script-17.shtml
A few months after moving into our new home, Ben's grandma came to visit. We took the opportunity to take tour of our new town, Seattle, Washington. I always thought it would be romantic to just discover my new city on my own, and Ben and I did a little bit of that. But there's only so much you can learn about a new place without having a local show you around, so this was a very good expereince.
Seattle's history mixes with that of the Spanish, British, Canadian, American Indian tribes of course, the Alaskan Gold Rush, and so much more. There is a lot of ethnic diversity in this area. And I learned that there is a rich African-American heritage here. There's a lot of software companies out here -- Amazon, Microsoft. There's retail companies -- Nordstorms, Starbucks. There's aerospace -- well, Boeing. Seattle is a big input/export hub. There is a lot more I need to learn about this place, but the more I learn, the more I appreciate it. Here are some of my favorite pictures of Seattle that we took during our first year here.






First Starbucks



Sleepless in Seattle shot









No comments:
Post a Comment