We took Emma Easter egg hunting last month at Fox Hollow Farm in Issaquah. She liked all of the peacocks, and petting some of the animals.
It’s a gorgeous place.
On Easter Sunday we got together with Brooke and James at the arboretum in Seattle.
The big thing this month was Youth Conference. The youth performed four shows of Built on the Rock: A Book of Mormon Journey. Ben played in the orchestra and I helped the director. Most of the hard work for me happened before the show. During the show, I delegated a lot to other people and the youth knew exactly what to do after the 1st show, so it was easy. Emma watched 3/4 shows and I watched all of them. I thought they did beautifully!
The sweetest part for me was the testimony meeting after the Saturday morning show. Many youth bore their testimony about how singing about the Book of Mormon has helped them. My testimony grew too throughout all of this, how the Lord loves the youth and wants them to have fun experiences and to learn about the gospel at the same time.
The rest of the month has been relatively relaxed!
I got some pictures of Emma at the library during our weekly trip. Every Monday we try going to Spanish story time, and then afterwards, she can choose a few books and play games on the computer. She checks out the books all by herself.
After the library she jumps on the rocks, then we head to the cool light and the pyramids in the commons area, whereupon she climbs and jumps off of all of the pyramids.
Whenever the sun comes out, we go outside and play, sometimes in the dirt.
Here’s Emma before her dance class.
And trying on the costume for her dance recital coming up.
After dance class, she and her friend hide behind the piano.
During her dance class I walk. Lately there have been a lot of snakes along the path.
And I see a lot of red-winged black birds.
I made a cross-stitch for my Grandma Shelby. She was born in Georgia and I thought she’d like the Cherokee Rose.
Here are some of Emma’s art projects at home. The one on the bottom is an airplane going through a rainbow.
She’s getting better at writing the lower-case E and A.
I love walking into Emma’s room and finding her playing with her dollhouse all by herself. Some of this furniture was mine when I was a kid.
Cutting some carrots.
Eating beets.
One of Emma’s favorite games is the Princess Cupcake game.
As you can see, she’s really into princesses. This is how we’re learning the states.
We went to Remlinger Farms for a friend’s birthday party. She liked the rides and the animals.
Geocaching with papa. She walked 2.5 miles!
Love all the photos. It looks like you are having an exciting month. I miss visiting teaching you but I'm glad to see you got that crosstitch framed for Grandma. It looks beautiful.
ReplyDelete