Sunday, April 27, 2014

April–Anniversary and San Antonio

(I got a new camera, and all of these pictures are MINE! )

Ben and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on the 7th.  In the morning, we went canoeing on Lake Washington. 

DSCN0154DSCN0137

Then we went to a park.

DSCN0165

In the evening, Ben and I went out to dinner.

DSCN0176DSCN0174a

Then the next day, Emma and I went to San Antonio for a week to visit my parents.  Ben stayed home and worked on the programming book he’s writing.  He got a lot of work done on it while we were away.

Emma played with Aunt Lauren’s dolls, and she strummed Grandpa’s guitar.

DSCN0245DSCN0192

My dad gave my mom a beautiful guitar for her birthday.  Can you believe my mom is 60?

DSCN0329

We went downtown to watch a play and go to the Children’s Museum.  They were setting up for Fiesta downtown.

DSCN0340

 

DSCN0353DSCN0341DSCN0344DSCN0358

DSCN0364DSCN0369

 

DSCN0384DSCN0395

We went to Sea World.  We could have easily spent two days there.  Next time we’re going to devote one day to seeing the shows and another day to playing at the kids’ waterpark.  I rode the Great White and the Steel Eel.

DSCN0404DSCN0421DSCN0428DSCN0440DSCN0420

We saw Disney on Ice. The only analogy I can think of is whip cream to my mouth through a fire hose.  Next time Ben is going.  Emma liked it.

DSCN0457fa

We enjoyed my parents’ backyard.

DSCN0483DSCN0222

DSCN0531

We went to a restaurant and Emma waited very patiently.  There was only one woman on staff and it took her a long time to bring our food out.  We helped her clean up afterwards; the poor girl was exhausted.  While we waited, Emma drew pictures of a whale and wrote her name.

DSCN0500DSCN0501

This is her first picture of our family.  Emma’s the one on the left, Ben is in the middle, and I am on the right.

DSCN0528

Emma loved ’Umpy and Abuelita

DSCN0514t

We enjoyed walking and playing with the family dog, Cooper.

DSCN0631DSCN0509

We came home after a week, and have been spending a lot of time playing games, riding the bike, and going to our neighborhood park.

DSCN0065DSCN0088

 

DSCN0102DSCN0101 DSCN0113DSCN0071DSCN0127

We’re grateful we were able to leave town for a little bit.  Now I’m trying to get back into the groove …

2 comments:

  1. What a super fun trip! Your analogy of Disney on ice is hilarious. :) Glad to see you're doing well. I think about you a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all the pictures. It sounds like your trip to Texas was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete