This is what the nursery looked like in July, a month before my baby was born.
It’s yellow. This shade of yellow is a great color for an office that needs a lot of high energy, but it’s not such a great color for a nursery that’s supposed to be calming and relaxing for both baby and mommy.
So in January, I painted it lavender. I really think it’s made a difference for us – well, for me anyway. See the difference? It’s so nice …
There’s a couple of other changes in this room too. Notice the pink curtains in the first picture? Those curtains don’t block out any sun, and that window is facing south. The sun is shining through it all day. My baby sleeps better in the dark. So we put up these thick green curtains and added some blackout shades. The window is an awkward shape so we had to buy two sets from the store and sew them together. (Heidi, if you’re reading this, I copied that shade idea directly from you.)
I love the new color and curtains. It looks like you found a nice glider too.
ReplyDelete