Monday, December 6, 2010

Gratitude for Good Friends

I have felt the love of my friends in so many ways these last few months that I just feel the need to record a few of my experiences.

Red heartSeveral weeks ago, I reached out to a few old roommates with questions about baby issues, and within a week we were on the phone and e-mailing back and forth, talking about babies in general, and parenting stresses and joys.  I can’t express adequately what these conversations have meant to me, that friends who I haven’t seen in years would take the time to call me, and be concerned about me, and show love me for me.

Red heartI have one friend who has been taking Emma for a few hours a week so I can do whatever I want.  Last week she came over to my house to hold Emma so I could clean the house. I felt like superwoman.  All of the stuff I can do with both of my hands!  Who would have believed it?

Red heartAnother one of my friends came over and helped me fold laundry and clean my fridge.  She is the best folder ever and part of the inspiration for my folding frenzy several weeks ago.

Red heartSo many of my friends have brought by dinner for Ben and me.  How wonderful it was to not have to cook for a little while. I used to be compassionate service leader in an old ward and I organized several meals for families who had just had babies, but it hasn’t been until now that I have realized what a blessing this truly is. 

Red heartI’ve been able to get together with a friend from church who recently had a baby.  She has two boys now and while one of her boys is in preschool, we’ll get together to sit around for a few hours.  I’m loving the adult interaction.

Red heartAnother friend of mine came over today and out of the blue brought takeout for lunch and she brought by a huge poinsettia for my house. 

Red heartI was able to get together with my gym friends a few weeks ago.  Seeing them and my other running friends has made me excited for the spring time when I hope to run again with Emma in the stroller.

Red heartI could go on and on about friends are lending me their baby things or have given me their baby hand-me-downs, or who have made blankets and other adorable gifts for Emma …

Red heartE-mails, phone calls little notes from so many others – those just brighten up my day.

With friends like these, I feel as though I’m the luckiest girl in the world.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you and wondering how it's going. Glad to hear people are treating you well. You deserve it! Happy December. I'll be in more touch later! D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to read this. I wish I could be nearer. I sure hope you are feeling...like a mom with a newborn, but not so crazy! :) Hope things are well.

    ReplyDelete