Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

We had a wonderful time with Ben’s parents for New Year’s.  We went to Pike’s Place Market where we bought olive oil and chocolate.  Earlier in the week we went to Microsoft Visitor’s Center where I, with Emma in my front-pack, danced to Xbox’s Dance Central game.  They also have a rafting game that I played.  Oh, I so want an Xbox now.  My mother-in-law and I got an oh-so-enjoyable pedicure they day after they arrived, and we played lots of Ticket to Ride.  So much fun.

Christmas was very simple.  We went to a friend's house for Christmas Eve where we watched the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s Christmas celebration from last year.  The next day we opened a few presents around the Christmas tree.  One of my presents to Ben was a new pair of Birkenstocks.  His old ones, the ones he has had since he was 14 years old, had completely disintegrated.  This purchase was long overdue.

One of my presents from Ben was a gift certificate to a really nice spa.  And then he gave me a painting by a man who is helping to raise money for woman who is undergoing treatment for the cancer.  The weird thing about the painting though is that it was painted with his beard.  Yeah.

We opened up Emma’s college savings plan, and gave her a bunch of books and baby sign language.  We gave her her first Christmas ornament – so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment