The big happening in the last few months is Ben’s book Writing High-Performance .Net Code has taken off. This is his second book but his first self-published book. Self-publication is the way to go. It is getting excellent reviews on Amazon, and he was interviewed on .Net Rocks and This Week on Channel 9, Episode on August 8, 2014.
Preschool has started! Emma enjoys going and I love the time I have at home to do things like this, write a blog and reflect for a moment. I’m reading, studying, and writing more. The house is cleaner. And I’m able to run errands quickly. Preschool is very expensive but I consider it part of the cost of living here in Washington. Everyone sends their children to preschool here and so we don’t have a lot of kids in the neighborhood for Emma to play with or to do a co-op with.
I’ve started teaching Emma reading and writing and math at home. And we’re studying Spanish together.
As for what I’m reading, I finished The Brothers Karamazov and I’ve taken up a compilation of journals from Mormon pioneers at Winter Quarters. This is a good book to read for me right now. These journal entries are teaching me how to handle trials with grace and faith.
We finished up the summer by going to the zoo and meeting with Brooke and James’ family to go to the Seattle Center. Emma finished her swimming class and I tried my hand at drawing. As you can see, I stink at drawing, but I’m sure I can learn.
Our Symphony season has started again. It’s our set date night every month.
No comments:
Post a Comment