Saturday, August 3, 2013

Emma's Room and August Update

Success! We found a dresser on Craigslist for Emma's room.

We also found the vanity on Craigslist. The chandelier came from Babies R Us and was half off. I had my eye on it for a long time but didn't want to pay $35 for it. I even started making one myself, but then when I saw it go on sale, and realized it would take me 18 hours to make it, I decided to just buy it. It cost less to decorate the whole room this way than purchasing a brand-new dresser from Mor's Furniture or Pottery Barn. I'm glad we waited and were patient.

I'd like to eventually paint the wall a blue/gray, and I have a things I still need to hang on the wall.

Other things we have done this month:

-Ben has done a lot of geocaching and walking. He is 5,000 steps ahead of me for the week.

-Emma and I spent a few days at the beach.

-My doctor is having me do a hypoallergenic diet to find out if I have a food allergy or sensitivity. I'm on the last week. I feel much better, but I am eating the same things over and over again, which is boring.

-My niece Maddy turned 2 this last week.

-Emma and I are going to a parent-child Spanish class and a parent-child gymnastics class.

-I'm finding more and more time for reading. I think one of the highlights of my month was going to the library by myself to read for a few hours.

-Emma asks for "classical music" because the other music is "too loud."

4 comments:

  1. Just wait until we introduce Emma to Mahler...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her room looks so cute and the dresser is adorable. What fun things you found. Thanks for posting a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute room! She looks so peaceful sitting there. And I hope your tests come back and you can find out what's going on. Health stuff is never fun to deal with. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That room looks great! I can't wait until I can actually own a place and paint/decorate it how I want it.

    You guys always do so much fun stuff, I'm so impressed. And good luck, I hope the diet works and you figure everything out!

    ReplyDelete