This has been a pretty good month. My mom came into town on the 5th.
![]()
On the 6th we celebrated Emma’s birthday by going to Remlinger Farms in Carnation. She rode ponies, a canoe, rode a train, and went on all the rides, including one roller coaster. Then in the afternoon we got together with family to have cupcakes. Emma wanted pink and purple balloons, pink cupcakes, and Santa Clause (presents).
The next day was my birthday and I actually can’t remember what I did! I can’t have cake right now because of the hypoallergenic diet I have to do, so she carved a watermelon into a basket and filled it with blueberries, strawberries, and watermelon.
The hypoallergenic diet is going well and I feel so good! I’ve lost over 10 pounds!
We went to the Seattle Zoo, the best zoo I’ve ever been to. My mom and I walked the Amazing Race for Autism while pushing Emma in a stroller. We came in second-to-last while last year, my partner and I came in second!
Emma did a Spanish class with Sponge and actually came out speaking a little bit of Spanish.
Emma enjoyed the wading pool at the Seattle Center while my mom checked out the Chihuly Exhibit.
Emma touched the fountain fort he first time with me and we got soaked.
The other thing we did this month was go to see Wagner’s Ring Cycle, all four of the operas! It was 18 hours long including intermission! These T-shirts accurately describe our experience:
(“Life is Short. Opera is Long. Wagner is Forever.”)
My mom watched Emma and we took a few days to do our own little stay-cation in Seattle, just Ben and me. We did some things I’ve always wanted to do, like going into the Seattle Public Library, do the underground tour, and ride the ferry.
Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun...the opera! I hope you were able to have a fun birthday even with no cake. Sounds like the visit from your mom was great!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting all those fun pictures. I loved seeing them. Your watermelon basket was amazing! You have many hidden talents.
ReplyDelete