Ben, Emma, and I hid our first Geocache. We called it “Who Wants a Dragon” after one of Emma’s favorite books. We placed it in a park that Ben and I volunteered in. It’s a new park recently gifted to the City of Sammamish, and more land will be gifted, but for now it’s quite small. We had a hard time finding a place to hide it because there is another cache located right in the center of the park, and geocaches need to be at least .1 miles from each other, so that limited places we could hide it. This is our location: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b015f057-eb97-4790-be9c-4ef0d05f70b7
http://issuu.com/issaquahpress/docs/2012sammscene/5
One of Ben’s pictures showed up in our local magazine. Ben’s photographs are getting better and better I think. He submitted this photo last year for a contest, and we were happy to see that he was one of the finalists.
We’ve been having nice visits with my brother James and his wife Brooke and their baby Madelyn. James found a job in Seattle, which is perfect for their family since Brooke’s family lives here. We’ve been able to get together with them a few weekends here and there. It’s fun to see Maddie growing up, and Emma loves to give her attention.
There have been a lot of cloudy days lately, but we do get some beautiful days too. The rainy days wear on me but I’m trying my best to not let it get to me.
We’ve had fun outings to the beach, to various parks, Cougar Mountain Zoo, and a few birthday parties and play dates. This is a happy time and I’m so thankful for my little family and for Emma. She’s such a joy. She’s starting to figure out simple puzzles and she’s talking more and more. It’s a little surreal to see my little baby who was once so small turning into a little girl.
Me, I’ve been busy not saying “no” lately. The board of the local chapter of MOMS Club will soon be dissolving and they have been asking for volunteers to take up the board positions. I was able to ignore the call for two months, until a friend of mine volunteered to be president, another friend volunteered to be vice president, and another friend volunteered to be the activity planner. So I volunteered to be secretary. I already have a pretty full life, so here’s hoping it won’t be too time consuming.
I loved reading your update and seeing all the cute pictures of your family. Have a great Summer!
ReplyDeleteShe's so cute! I can hardly believe our little girls will soon be two!! So happy you updated...looks like you're having fun! Miss you!
ReplyDelete