Thursday, May 31, 2012

The 13.1 Run

_DSC4426

The Lake Sammamish Half-Marathon happened in March.  It was a rainy, cloudy sort of a day, but it wasn’t miserable. The run was all flat.  It felt great and I finished in about 2:09, slower than my last half-marathon but I’m just glad I finished. 

At the end of the finish line there was a man who had collapsed in the middle of the path and he was surrounded by a ton of people who told us to keep running on.  There was an ambulance headed our way. We found out later he had suffered a heart attack and a few people performed CPR on him to revive him.  Thank goodness he is OK.

WP_000216

WP_000219

Friends at the start of the race who are very fast.

_DSC4395_DSC4396_DSC4397_DSC4398

_DSC4417

This is my partner Cara who’s a great running buddy.  She helped me get back into running after Emma was born.  She helps me push Emma in the stroller and was very patient with me when all I could do was run .25 miles at a time, if that, when I was first getting started again.

No comments:

Post a Comment