I’m running the Lake Sammamish Half-Marathon in three weeks, and I think I’m going to be ready! I doubt I’ll be able to beat my last half-marathon time, but I’ll be happy just to finish it. The race runs right along Lake Sammamish and it’s all flat, so those are a few pluses.
I run two days a week in the gym, push Emma in the stroller on another day, and then I do my long run on Saturdays with a few sisters in my ward.
This is Ms. Angel who watches Emma when I run in the gym. We love Ms. Angel. She’s so nice and caring and she loves children and babies. The gym is small so we know all of the other kids and their moms. And Emma likes watching the older kids.
We try to have an activity planned for Emma every day so she can be around other kids. We have play date every week we that like to go to, and we also go to a music class that a few moms in our ward lead.
We also made friends with a new couple in our ward who have a son a little older than Emma. We started a temple co-op with them once a month and it’s worked out well. Emma gets really excited when she has Braxton in our house. She’ll dance around the room and try to show him all of her toys.
Emma is saying more and more words and piecing a few words together. Today, she repeated after me, “I” “Am” “Emma.”
Leticia! I hope your race goes really well! Looks like you have been training well, so now that all the money is in the bank, go enjoy race day! Emma is so cute and it's so nice knowing they are well cared for when you exercise! Good luck!
ReplyDeletegood luck on your half marathon!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteI just love reading about what Emma's doing, but it's exactly what Paige is doing too! I love having a little girl!