Monday, June 13, 2011

The fun, the sad, and the not-so-glamorous

Some of the fun things that happened this month:

-Emma and I went with a few good friends from church to the Japanese Gardens in Seattle.

DSCN1931DSCN1936DSCN1934

-Ben’s almost finished with his Lego model of the Mt. Timpanogos Temple and it’s looking amazing.

-My sister Lauren graduated from high school!  I was able to watch the ceremony over a live stream.

-A few friends and I organized a music playgroup that will meet at the church every week.

-I ran 3 miles for the first time in a long time.

-Emma has started crawling and she’s standing and balancing.  A little tooth is peeking out of her gums.

_DSC1829

-Emma and I are loving her baby swimming class.

_DSC1956

-Ben and I have decided it’s finally time to get a new car.  The two-door Honda Civic we have is wonderful, but it’s getting harder and harder to get Emma in and out of the car.  I think the final straw was when a huge vanity truck pulled up next to our parked car while I was getting Emma out of the car and trying to manage the door, my bag, and Emma’s bag.  So we’ve been test-driving a few cars.  I guess I can put this under the fun category.

A sad thing that happened:

-I ran over my video camera on accident with my car after going on a walk.

The not-so-glamorous things that had to happen:

-We’ve been organizing the garage for what feels like the 3rd time this year.  I’ve been doing a ton of research trying to figure out how to get rid of some of things we should have gotten rid of a long time ago responsibly.  We’ve been selling things on Craigslist like crazy.  We’ve made three trips to Goodwill, one trip to Second Use in Seattle, another trip to a metal recycling place.  Now all that remains is a small pile of stuff to go to the dump and one or two more trips to Goodwill and we’re done!

DSCN1873

1 comment:

  1. The Japaneses garden in Seattle looks beautiful. We've never been there but might just give a try now that I know it exhists. Sorry about your video camera. I'll have to come over for a visit once summer is here. I'd love to visit, see your clean garage, and see the Lego temple. Good luck finding a new car.

    ReplyDelete