Thursday, October 14, 2010

Week 1

I survived my first week alone with Emma! 

We had a lot of fun.

I took her on two walks that lasted about 20 minutes.  And she seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself. This picture, taken a few weeks ago, is the only picture I have with her, me, and the stroller, but it will do.

 193

Here’s a close-up of Emma.

177

I gave her a sponge bath.

Bath time (sponge bath)

And combed her hair:

Natural hairOn the wild sidePrim and Proper

We went to the pediatrician’s and she received her first set of shots. She handled it really well at the office.  For the rest of the day, she was pretty out of it. I just devoted my whole day to holding her.

Completing household chores like folding laundry is getting easier. I cooked three dinners with her in and out of my arms.  And I was able to practice the hymns and prelude music that I’m going to play in Relief Society on Sunday.

I’ve seen her progressing little by little.  This is her reaching for the stuffed giraffe for the first time:

This is her cooing at us:

I just love this video so I’m posting it.  It’s from a few weeks ago.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You mande it through one week! That is awesome! Sounds like it went really well and you are being a very patient mom. Thanks for the super cute videos! Hope week #2 goes well as well!

    ReplyDelete