Emma’s preschool had a little Halloween get-together. We carved a pumpkin, then watched the kids sing the songs they have learned.
Emma was a princess for Halloween. I wore a crown, so that made me a princess too.
Our ward combined with another ward to do a Halloween Carnival and Trunk-or-Treat. There were many polite kids, but there were some aggressive children as well. While I was getting ready for the kids before the official trick-or-treating, I had to leave the open trunk and bowl of candy for a minute to help Emma get something from the front of the car. Within a few seconds, kids came from out of nowhere, helping themselves … ! I had to rush to save my candy.
Children came in a steady flow for about 30 minutes. I realized we wouldn’t have enough candy for trick-or-treaters coming by our house on Halloween night if I didn’t close shop. Even as I was closing the trunk, kids were coming in droves. I did manage to close the trunk without smashing fingers or shoving any children too hard. If I ever need to write a story about zombie apocalypse, I will refer back to that night.
Things worth noting this month: Ben and I went to see Mahler’s 6th Symphony. Ben and I left feeling that we would never be the same again after listening to the Seattle Symphony play that piece.
I took Emma to see Chicken Little at the Children’s Theatre in Kirkland. Her favorite character was Henny Penny. I helped at Eastside Baby Corner. Emma and I had flu shots. Emma was very brave.
My parents came into town for Thanksgiving and to attend Baby Michael’s Baby blessing. It was a wonderful visit.
I loved all the fun photos especially the one of the baby blessing at the end. Your experience at the trunk or treat passing out candy was funny. I just brought the girls to the trunk or treat (scared Nathan stayed home with Scott) so when it was time for the trunk or treat I just poured a few bags of candy into a friends bowl in her trunk and then walked around with my little girls. I guess I should have poured my candy contribution into your bowl. :)
ReplyDelete