A little before Emma’s 1st birthday, she started taking steps.
Within a few weeks she was walking.
Emma’s wearing a dress I wore when I was a baby in the pictures above.
Now Emma’s having fun with her new-found freedom, exploring, playing in the grass, walking around trees. She’s been going down slides by herself, stacking blocks, sorting things, and she’s making more and more sounds. She’s said things that sound like “duck,” “fish,” “dog,” “ball,” “nose,” when we point to them. She’s said “yes” and “all done” a couple of times – but I don’t think she really knows them. She definitely knows “Hi!” She waves and says “hi” to everyone.
I love Emma’s look in this picture:
“Who is this crazy person?’
“Oh, ha. Mom was just being silly. Ha, ha.”
We took a few hikes this month, and found our first geocaches. That was a lot of fun.
This is why all of my friends should come visit Washington – it’s beautiful and there are so many hikes!
And we even have a few beaches.
You guys are such good parents taking your daughter on hikes. It looks like you visited Twin Falls in North Bend, we did that one too.
ReplyDelete