Baby Watson is almost here! Her official due date is August 5 (today), but I think she’ll come early next week.
I have had a few funny experiences in these last few months, and I think I have my pregnancy to thank for them:
-I was crossing the street by our house when a police officer stopped traffic with his car lights so I could cross the street. At first I thought he was trying to “pull me over” for jaywalking (which I wasn’t doing), but then I realized what he was doing. So embarrassing.
-I got a free cookie from my favorite sandwich place one day.
-I once woke up from an unexpected 45-minute nap in my car after a two-mile walk. I was parked in an elementary school parking lot. When I woke up, the car door was still open, one of my legs was sticking out, the keys were in the ignition, and my shirt was riding up my belly. I looked up and saw that the car was surrounded by little children obviously concerned about seeing a woman passed out in her car like that.
-We were almost late for the baby’s ultrasound because I misread what I wrote in my calendar. I thought 10:30 referred to the room, not the the time.
-A high school girl came up to me in the pool absolutely incredulous to see me swimming. She said, “That must be so hard! You’re amazing!” We talked for a while afterwards and had a great conversation about her plans for the future and her hopes to keep exercising as she got older.
This has been an easy pregnancy for me. I only experienced a little bit of nausea (I threw up once), I had a few leg cramps, and now that I’m in the final week, it’s hard to walk (there was one day last week that was very uncomfortable for me). I’m very thankful that it’s gone so well, especially because I’ve had a few friends who have had very difficult pregnancies – they’ve given me a glimpse of how hard it can be. I’m also thankful that, as far as we know, the baby is healthy. I’m especially thankful I was able to become pregnant in the first place.
Here are pictures from my baby shower a few weeks ago. My friends and family are so wonderful and supportive. I’ve really been able to see the kindness in other people. When I was Las Vegas for a roommate reunion, three of us were expecting a baby and they had a baby shower for us. I didn’t know all of the girls there, but every one one of them gave a present for the baby, and it really touched me to see that.
Cake Ellyn Cardon, a YW from church, made for me.
Lovely friends. Baby is around 37 weeks here.
THE PROGRESS
Around 20 weeks.
Around 32 weeks.
Around 34 weeks.
At 39 weeks.
Funny how I managed to wear the same shirts over and over again on the days we decided to take a picture of my belly. I’m sure I’m going to look back on these pictures and think I’m huge!
You and your belly look so beautiful. I can tell you are still in great shape! I love the stories, so funny! I know you are really well prepared for the birth and all and I hope it goes as planned (or even better!) It was so wonderful to see you in Vegas and talk. I love you!
ReplyDelete