Thursday, June 10, 2010

Other Uses for an Over-the-Door Shoe Holder

I was at a friend’s house when I saw this fabulous use of an over-the-door shoe holder. She uses it to organize her children’s gloves, scarves, hats, et cetera. What a great idea!

These are Ben’s and my things nicely put away. Before, we had them in a basket on our closet floor. It was very easy to create a mess whenever one of us went looking for what we needed.

June 2010 043

I thought I could use one to organize all of my hair clips. Now I see fewer hair ties sitting on my nightstand because I can just plop them into their designated pocket on my way to bed.

 June 2010 032

The only thing that would make this even more perfect is if the shoe-holder pockets were completely transparent. Right now I clip an example of what is inside the pocket to the outside and that is working well.

3 comments:

  1. Man, one day I want to be as organized as you. I love it! I have seen it before but had forgotten about it. I will definitely use one in our new home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the over the door shoe holder. I'll have to get one and see what I can organize. So when are we going to get together for a walk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leticia! I remember seeing this before, but haven't actually heard how it's working for people I know. Last night I was going through Christmas cards and realized I had never seen your blog. (Yeah, I should probably go through things sooner!) Hope things are well!

    ReplyDelete