There were so many miracles associated with the production of “Built on the Rock.” One of the ones that meant a lot to me was finding a stage manager at the last minute. It was a Monday and we needed somebody to be at the practice on a Wednesday night. This person would need to be available for almost that entire weekend and the next weekend. He or she would be in charge of managing of all of the backstage responsibilities: mikes, set changes, and props.
We had known there was a vacancy for a while, but we felt that things would just work out, but now it was getting down to the wire and we still didn’t have anybody. So on Monday night, I got down on my knees and prayed that we would find a stage manager.
On Tuesday morning, the first thing that popped into my head were the names of two people, Heather and Adam, a couple that had just moved to the area. I knew Adam from BYU, and I had just met his wife two weeks before. How I came to find out that they were living in our stake was a little miracle in and of itself.
A few weeks prior, I attended a stake Relief Society activity. A friend of mine was teaching a gardening class that I attended. She was co-teaching with her sister-in-law, Adam’s wife! I went to my friend’s house where Adam and Heather were living and found out that they were both involved in theater.
Fast-forward ahead, I knew they would be perfect as stage managers; I just didn’t have their contact info to find out if they would be available. I called their sisters and left messages. I knew that things would work out, just not in the way I expected them to.
One of the sisters called back and said that they would be out of town during the times that we needed them, but there was another sister in her ward who had drama experience and she might be able to.
I called Rachel and told her what we needed. She told me she’d get back to me after she talked to her husband. She had just recovered from an illness, and this might be too much for her. An hour later, she called and said she would love to be stage manager and that this came at the perfect time for her.
She performed marvelously. The boys who worked back stage loved her and they needed her. She brought them pizza and donuts. She was able to get them organized and know exactly what to do for the show. There wasn’t a single glitch that I was aware of.
I love the power of prayers!
ReplyDelete