Ben and Leticia in Las Vegas
Last month Ben and I decided to take vacation before I started getting too big and uncomfortable. I was in Las Vegas for a roommate reunion (which was sooo fun), but I thought I’d go earlier because tickets were cheaper. Ben decided to go with me for the day and we had a blast. We stayed at the Paris, saw the Titanic exhibit, saw the Bodies exhibit, and watched Cirque du Soleil’s “O.”
Paris Hotel-Great place to stay: real nice room for cheap, right across from the Belagio, less tacky than I thought it would be.
Titanic exhibit-They have a piece of the Titanic on display, perfumes they recovered that you can still smell, clothing, dishes, et cetera, a replica of the grand staircase.
Bodies exhibit: Smelled just like my college anatomy class. My favorite displays were those of the circulation system. They were able to show all of the veins and arteries of the body. I want to read up more on the controversy over the bodies and how they were able to obtain them. Did the deceased provide their consent to have their bodies used in this way? I found out in the exhibit that most of the bodies were of Chinese prisoners. Several of the bodies were posed with a sports ball or some other Western object, which I found incongruous.
Cique du Soleil: Cool. Ben would see it again; I probably would pass, though I’m glad I saw it once.
A day in Las Vegas was more than enough time for us to spend there. I didn’t like all of the solicitations and casinos and ads everywhere. But it was fun just spending time with Ben and laughing at everything around us.
Cherry Chub Reunion
The rest of my time in Vegas I spent with my last college roommates. Ten of us were able to make it! Three of us were pregnant, three of us brought kids, and one of us celebrated a birthday. Here’s a few pictures of us at Red Rock Canyon:![]()
Relaxation Time in San Antonio
After the reunion I went to San Antonio and spent a few days with Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Cooper.
Mom being Grandma :)

No comments:
Post a Comment