Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pregnancy Brain?

I’m pregnant (yay!). Fortunately, I haven’t been too sick. I only experienced mild nausea for about a month, and I did feel tired, but that was it.  But I have been doing some rather weird things:

Last week, I put an envelope stuffed with $500 worth of checks in the mail …. without a stamp.

The day before I did that, I put cereal in the fridge.

I’ve left keys and items at people’s homes or at the gym.

I’ve sent e-mails to the wrong people – people with similar addresses, but I’m usually good about checking that kind of thing.

I’ve sent out e-mails with outdated information, even though I knew about the new information.

I knocked over a display of mayonnaise jars in the grocery store. Fortunately the jars were plastic.

The list goes on.

Some of my friends have mentioned something called “pregnancy brain” or “placenta brain",” which, according to some rather sketchy websites I’ve read, happens most often in the first and third trimesters of pregnancy, and is due to an increase in progesterone. Maybe I can blame my forgetfulness and absentmindedness on this? Or maybe I was just feeling very tired?

No comments:

Post a Comment