Thursday, September 17, 2009

Moving Someplace New

I should have started blogging a year ago about moving and my thoughts about it. I had just moved from Washington, D.C., to a rural-ish town in Washington state. I was shocked to discover that my new town didn't have a U.S. Postal Office. The nearest one was 20 minutes away.

I was really excited about my husband's new job with Microsoft. But I was also sad. I loved D.C. and Virginia. I had received a great promotion in my job. I didn't know what kind of job opportunities I would have in the Seattle area. It wasn't exactly a gathering place for media types like me. In all honesty, I felt a little directionless. Despite years of trying, I still wasn't pregnant. This would have been a great time for me to be pregnant. But alas, you can't always control those things.

But as with every new place, there are so many delightful things to learn and discover. There are so many new people to meet and new things to experience. I have certainly found that to be the case with my new home in Sammamish, Washington. I plan to share with you some of my experiences in the hopes that they will help somebody like me cope in moving to a new area. It will also be good for me to relive my experiences of the past year again. And finally, it will help me keep my family up to date with my comings and goings. Enjoy.

1 comment: